2012 SPECIALIZED DEMO 8 TROY LEE DESIGNS Limited Edition
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MORE HIGH-RESOLUTION PHOTOS
- Manipulated M5 alloy FSR frame with magnesium link has 8" of rear wheel travel; an oversized, forged head tube; rear derailleur protector, with suspension linkage engineered for the world's toughest terrain
- Cane Creek Double Barrel coil shock provides a downhiller's dream of externally adjustable high-and-low-speed rebound and compression settings for maximum control over challenging terrain
- Custom colorway designed by Troy Lee Designs for the world’s fastest bike, the Specialized Demo 8. Available for a limited time, only 250 produced worldwide.
- RockShox Boxxer RC offers 200mm of travel with externally adjustable compression and rebound, and a 20mm Maxle thru-axle
- New Roval DH rims are 30mm wide, laced with DT Swiss spokes to Specialized hubs with a 20mm front thru-axle and 150x12mm rear thru-axle hub creates a reliable, and super strong wheelset that easily handles the biggest hits
- Specialized Butcher DH 26 x 2.3" soft dual compound front and rear tires offer great traction with Monster Team approved tread, and a bombproof casing
- Custom Truvativ Descendant crankset with alloy arms, 36T chainring and Gamut bashguard is built for speed and chain retention
- Custom Avid Elixir 7 hydraulic disc brakes with tool-less reach adjustment, metallic pads and 200mm front and 180mm rear rotors keep speed in check on the most demanding descents
Here is a Demo 8 with the rare Troy Lee Designs paint job. Specialized only made 250 worldwide with the Troy Lee paint job. This Demo shows some wear/use and scratches you would expect from a mountain bike but it has been thoroughly inspected and tuned and is in very good condition overall, it has had over $1000 of work completed on it recently.
Frame has one small ding on the left chainstay, not big enough to affect anything. It has no other dents, cracks, or any other damage other than scratches and paint chips.
Suspension has been inspected and tested and is in perfect condition with no leaks and all adjustments working properly. No scratches on fork stanchions.
Wheels are not perfect but they are in decent shape and we got them fairly straight, there are a few dents in the rims but still very rideable.
The entire bike was just given a full tune up by a professional bike mechanic and everything was inspected and adjusted. Shifting is crisp, the hydraulic brakes are bled and adjusted, and it is clean, tuned, and 100% ready to ride.
Tires: Good (approx 50%)
Brake Pads: Excellent
Saddle: Good, no tears
M5 manipulated alloy, compact race design, 1-1/2" forged HT, magnesium link, ISCG 05 mount, cartridge bearing rear shock mount, rear derailleur protector, 200mm travel
Cane Creek Double Barrel, coil over w/piggy back, high/low speed compression and high/low speed rebound, 9.5x3"
RockShox Boxxer RC, alloy steerer, external compression and rebound adj., 20mm Maxle DH thru-axle, 200mm travel
1-1/2" integrated for 1-1/8" steerer, cartridge bearings
Specialized Direct-Mount stem, 40mm length, 31.8mm, 4-bolt, forged
Chromag Fubar OSX, 31.8mm
Custom Avid Elixir 7, hydraulic disc, tool-less reach adj., metallic pad, HS-1 rotor, 200mm rotor
Custom Avid Elixir 7, hydraulic disc, tool-less reach adj., metallic pad, HS-1 rotor, 180mm rotor
Custom Avid Elixir 7 hydraulic, tool-less reach adj., w/MatchMaker clamp
SRAM X9, 10-speed, short cage
SRAM X7, 10-speed, aluminum trigger, w/MatchMaker clamp
Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed, 11-25t
Custom SRAM Descendant PF30, 7050 alloy arms, with Gamut P-30 chain guide
SRAM PF30 DH, 83mm shell
Flat plastic pedals
Roval DH 26, 30mm wide w/eyelets, 32h
Specialized Hi Lo disc, laser-etched logo, sealed cartridge bearing, 20mm thru-axle, 32h
Specialized Hi Lo disc, 150mm, hollow 12mm Cr-Mo axle w/ RD guard, 32h
DT Swiss Industry 2.0, (14g) stainless
Specialized Butcher DH, wire bead, soft dual-compound, 26x2.5"
Specialized Butcher DH, wire bead, soft dual compound, 26x2.5"
WTB Silverado, titanium rails
6061 alloy, two bolt micro adjust, no offset, 30.9mm, 300mm