2016 SPECIALIZED DEMO 8 I CARBON 650B 27.5"
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MORE HIGH RESOLUTION PICTURES
When it comes to the stiffness, lightweight, and strength required for downhill, you just can't beat a carbon fiber frame construction. That's while you'll find top-tier carbon, FACT 10m, was used to create the acclaimed Demo 8 FSR Carbon. It's also been built off of our S3 650b geometry, ensuring a roomy top tube for added control, ultra-short, nimble chainstays, a low bottom bracket that keeps you feeling planted, and a slack front end that provides the utmost in responsive handling at speed. For suspension, this Demo features 200mm up front via a RockShox BoXXer RC 650b and 200mm of travel at the rear controlled by the revolutionary Öhlins rear shock. Together, the combo ensures that you'll be able to rocket over any terrain with confidence. And when you add in a build kit consisting of SRAM's powerful Guide R brakes, a durable one-by SRAM drivetrain, and the legendary Butcher & Slaughter DH tires, you start get the picture of why Demo 8s have won so many races.
- The frame features a full FACT 10m carbon fiber construction for low weight and heightened levels of strength and stiffness, which is amplified by its asymmetrical frame design that still leaves plenty of access. This has also been paired with proven S3 Geometry that increases maneuverability and responsiveness, while the 200mm of travel at the rear makes the bike capable of taking on the biggest of hits in stride.
- Custom Öhlins rear shock delivers unparalleled DH performance. It offers high/low speed compression adjust that stands independent of the rebound adjust, enabling you to fine-tune the shock for the track at hand. It's coil-sprung travel that stands without rival, and you won't find anywhere else.
- RockShox BoXXer RC 650b fork is purposefully designed for the most demanding terrain on earth. With 200mm of travel, Motion Control IS damping for maximum efficiency, and Power Buldge reinforced lower legs that allow oversized bushings for incredible stiffness, it'll leave you with nothing but confidence.
- 650bx2.5" Butcher DH tire at the front has prominent shoulder knobs that ravenously grip in any condition, while the center tread is low for minimal rolling resistance. Meanwhile, we positioned a 650bx2.3" Slaughter DH at the rear for its aggressive tread, stiff sidewall, and tacky grip—ensuring maximum traction and protection through any terrain.
- SRAM's Guide R brakes provide powerful, precise, and highly adjustable braking. Their based on a four-piston caliper design that puts out smooth, dependable stopping power, while the Reach Adjust feature allows you to customize the position for easy, one-finger lever pulls.
This Demo 8 Carbon is very clean, it shows some wear/use and has a few small scratches but it is in excellent condition overall and has been well maintained.
Frame has one small ding in chainstay, but no cracks, or any other carbon damage.
Suspension has been inspected and tested and is in perfect condition with no leaks and all adjustments working properly. No scratches on fork stanchions.
Wheels have some dents in them and are mostly straight. They are still rideable for a while and hold air in the tubeless tires.
The entire bike was just given a full tune up by a professional bike mechanic and everything has been inspected and adjusted. Shiting is precise, the hydraulic brakes are bled and adjusted, and it is clean, tuned, and 100% ready to ride.
Brake Pads: Good
Saddle: Excellent, no tears
FACT 10m carbon, S3 Geometry, carbon front triangle, alloy link and chainstays, FACT IS construction, BB30, full internal cable routing, 135mm dropouts, lipped and sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 200mm travel
Custom Öhlins, high/low speed compression adjust, rebound adjust, 9.5x3"
RockShox BoXXer RC 650b, S: Extra soft spring , M: Soft spring, L: Medium spring, XL: Firm spring, 200mm travel, compression adjust, rebound adjust, alloy steerer, 48mm offset, Maxle Lite DH
1-1/8" upper, 1-1/2" lower, semi-integrated, cartridge bearings
Specialized P.Series MTB, forged alloy, 4-bolt
Specialized Demo, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 780mm, 31.8mm
Specialized Sip Grip, light lock-on, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
SRAM Guide R, metallic pads, 200mm Centerline rotor
SRAM Guide R, metallic pads, 180mm Centerline rotor
SRAM X9 Type 2, 10-speed, mid cage
SRAM X7, 10-speed, w/ Matchmaker clamp
SRAM PG-1030, 10-speed, 11-36t
SRAM PC-1031, 10-speed, w/ PowerLink, nickel finish
Custom SRAM Descendant, BB30, 7050 alloy arms, thin 36T ring, w/ Gamut bashguard
Specialized Bennies, 6061 alloy body, sealed cartridge, 4.5mm removable pins
(F) Specialized, Hi Lo disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 20mm thru-axle, 36h, (R) Specialized, Hi Lo disc, hollow Cr-Mo axle, 32h
Roval 650b, alloy, 24mm inner width, 32h
DT Swiss Industry, stainless
Maxxis Minion DHF 3C DD, 27.5x2.5"
Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
Specialized, 6061 alloy, 2-bolt, 0mm setback, 30.9mm